Friday, October 05, 2007

Time pass so much faster when you do not want it to. I am already back from Brisbane. I still remember that just a month ago, I was still chatting with my friends and telling them how excited I am to go Australia.

Anyway, the weather here is bloody (Aussie slang) hot! And the air is so humid that I find breathing a difficulty! How I wish I am still in Australia now. Though it is summer there, but at least, the night is cool. And I did not actually perspire when walking under the sun.

I had enjoyed myself to the maximum during the one month at Brisbane. Did many adventurous activities. Such as 1) climbing the Story Bridge with XT. Story Bridge is one of the three bridges in the world that could be climbed. 2) Went to a cave at the National Nature Reserve to see glow worms. Imagine we hike to the cave through a forest during midnight. Very scary is it not? And we went there on our own, without any tour guides. 3) Took all the thrill rides at the Movie World. I enjoyed the SUPERMAN ESCAPE the most! The roller coaster propels vertically upwards at 100km per hour - in 2 seconds! Second on my list is the BATWING SPACESHOT. The ride is a rapid 4.5G vertical launch up a 60-metre tower, followed by a drop into a breathtaking negative descent - beyond freefall! They are just awesome! 4) Went abseiling with XT and CH.

The fifth thing XT and I wanted to do was to skydive at Redcliff, but there were too many things on our want to do list, we have no time for it. Wanted to do it during one of the evening after our attachment but transportation is a problem. We have to travel many hours by train to Redcliff. We could have drive but it is pointless to just rent a car and drive to only one destination and back with only two persons.

On the second Sunday, we went to Sunshine coast with other international students from Australian Catholic University (ACU). My friends and I decided not swim in the water, because we feel lazy to shower after swimming. We only splash water on each other and take photos.

We drove to a strawberry farm on the third Saturday with Andrea and Alsfer (XT's 'friends who were studying in Brisbane), and Cerlin, a staff nurse from the ward I was attached to for my two weeks of hospital posting. She is a Singaporean who went there to study her one-year degree after working three years in Tan Tock Seng Hospital. She has already being in Australia for three years. Cerlin's husband, Joe, also went with us to the outing. I sat their car while the rest of my friends drove with a car we rented for over the weekend. We get to pick the strawberries from the farm at 10AUD per kilogram. We also went to the macadamia nuts factory and the Sunshine Candy Kitchen.

The following day, we drove to a winery at Mount Tambourine. To add on, XT, Andrea and Alsfer were our chauffeurs during the whole month. The road up the mountain was very narrow and winding. But we were in the hands of good drivers and so we managed to go up and come down the mountain in one piece. After the trip to Witches Fall winery, we drove to the Surfers' Paradise at Gold Coast. What can I say, I really thought I was in paradise when we arrived at the beach! Been to the two famous beaches in Queenlands, I suddenly feel that the beaches in Sentosa are so incomparable to those in Australia. The water there is really crystal clear and the sand are so fine. Unlike Singapore's, whereby you would find litters in the water and the sand are so coarse.

So much so for the fun, my main purpose there was for attachments at the Mater Private Hospital. I was fortunate to be in a ward with good nurses. And the ward I was posted to held a good reputation. I heard it was the biggest Neuro ward in Australia. Well, during my attachments in Singapore, sometimes I would drag going to work. But in Brisbane, not a day had I felt tired to go work. I enjoyed working there because I feel respected. The nurses there allow me to do almost everything. I have never practice so many skills during my attachments in Singapore. I feel like I am working like a registered nurse when in Australia.

Having being to study and work in Australia for a month, I am now more determined to study my degree overseas and I even do consider working there for a few years and get a PR. Nurses there are well respected and well paid.

Alright, that is the summary of my trip to Australia. Enclosed below are the photos taken at Australia. Enjoy mate! (Another Aussie slang.Wink*)

(P/S: I can't get the photos uploaded. =( Sorry mates! You might want to view them on my friendster. =) -typed on 29/10/07)


give me flowers and i will follow you at 9:29 PM | Comment

♪♪♪♪♪